Sunday, January 26, 2020 • by Brooke Frederickson, RMISA
MINTURN, Colo.—Utah's Guro Jordheim and Colorado's Magnus Boee both won for the second-straight day at the Denver Invitational in the freestyle pursuit. Utah finished on top of the team standings in the Denver Invitational.
The Utes have won both meets this year, scoring over 700 points in each meet. A team has scored over 700 points in a league meet just four times since the current scoring system was implemented in 2014. Utah had an RMISA record 745 points in the Colorado Invitational and the Utes' 708 points in the Denver Invitational ranks fourth all-time (the others are 737 points by Denver in the 2014 Montana State Invitational and 710.5 points by Denver at the 2018 RMISA Championship).
Both the alpine and Nordic teams are off collegiate competition next weekend. The next college races up are a pair of Nordic RMISA qualifiers in Aspen, including competing at the Owl Creek Chase, from Feb. 8-9. Alpine returns to collegiate competition on Feb. 22.
Women's 7.5-km Freestyle Pursuit
- Utah (708)
- Colorado (628)
- Denver (520)
- Montana State (518)
- Alaska Anchorage (465)
- Westminster College (288)
- Alaska Fairbanks (201)
- Colorado Mountain (152)
- Guro Jordheim, UU
- Anne-Siri Lervik, CU
- Mariah Bredal, UU
- Leah Lange, UU
- Hedda Baangman, CU
- Ezra Smith, CU
- Emma Tarbath, MSU
- Karianne Moe, UU
- Hannah Rudd, UAA
- Anna Fake, MSU
Men's 10-km Freestyle Pursuit
- The league continues to chase Utah's Guro Jordheim, who has won all four races this season (16 career).
- Colorado's Anne-Siri Lervik has finished on the podium in three races this year.
- Utah's Mariah Bredal earned her second podium of the season.
- Utah's Leah Lange finished in the top five for the third time this year.
- Colorado's Hedda Baangman also has three top five finishes this year.
- Utah led the race with 105 points.
- Magnus Boee, CU
- Luke Jager, UU
- Sigurd Roenning, UAA
- Bernhard Flaschberger, DU
- Logan Diekmann, UU
- Zanden McMullen, MSU
- Sondre Bollum, CU
- Bjorn Riksaasen, UU
- Ola Jordheim, UU
- Ryan Jackson, CU
- The podium is the same for the second-straight day with Colorado's Magnus Boee winning his second-straight race, Utah's Luke Jager finishing second and Alaska Anchorage's Sigurd Roenning finishing third. The three skiers are tied for the league lead with three podium finishes this season.
- Denver's Bernhrad Flaschberger earned his first career top-five finish in his second career race.
- Utah's Logan Diekmann finishes in the top five for the third time this season.
- Utah led the team standings in the race with 93 points.