Thursday, February 27, 2020 • by Brooke Frederickson, RMISA
BOZEMAN, Mont.—Denver's Storm Klomhaus and Tobias Kogler won the RMISA giant slalom qualifier races on Thursday in Bozeman.
The RMISA giant slalom qualifier does not count towards any team scoring but is used as an extra opportunity for skiers to earn qualification points for the NCAA Championships.
The RMISA Championships/NCAA West Regional begins on Friday with the giant slalom and 5-km and 10-km freestyle races.
Women's Giant Slalom
- Storm Klomhaus, DU
- Mikaela Tommy, CU
- Stefanie Fleckenstein, CU
- Katie Parker, UU
- Lana Zbasnik, WMC
- Julia Toiviainen, WMC
- Andrea Komsic, DU
- Eleri Smart, DU
- Emma Hammergaard, CU
- Haley Cutler, MSU
Men's Giant Slalom
- Denver's Storm Klomhaus won her second race of the season and earned her third podium of the year.
- Colorado's Mikaela Tommy finished second for her eighth podium of the year – she has won all but one giant slalom race this season.
- Colorado's Stef Fleckenstein earned her fifth podium of the year, which ranks second in the league.
- Utah's Katie Parker earned her third top-five finish in four races.
- Westminster's Lana Zbasnik earned her first top-five finish of the season.
- Tobias Kogler, DU
- Gustav Voello, UU
- Riley Seger, MSU
- Mikkel Solbakken, WMC
- Joachim Muelde, WMC
- Jett Seymour, DU
- Teddy Takki, CU
- Mikkel Wahl, WMC
- Joachim Lien, UU
- Huston Philp, UU
- Denver's Tobias Kogler won his second race of the season, both which have been in the giant slalom. He is just the second skier to win more than two races this year.
- Utah's Gustav Voello and Montana State's Riley Seger both earned their first career podium finish.
- Westminster's Mikkel Solbakken earned his fifth top-five finish of the season.
- Westminster's Joachim Muelde earned his third top-five finish of the season.