Saturday, February 8, 2020 • by Brooke Frederickson, RMISA
ASPEN, Colo.—Utah's Leah Lange and Denver's Bernhard Flaschberger were both first-time winners as the RMISA teams competed in a freestyle qualifier in Aspen, Colo., on Saturday.
RMISA qualifiers do not count towards any team scoring and are used as an extra opportunity for skiers to earn qualification points for the NCAA Championships at the end of the season.
The teams continue in Aspen with the 21-km classic Owl Creek Chase on Sunday, Feb. 9.
Women's 5-km Freestyle
- Leah Lange, UU
- Guro Jordheim, UU
- Eveliina Pippo, DU
- Julia Richter, UU
- Karianne Moe, UU
- Mariah Bredal, UU
- Anna-Maria Dietze, CU
- Hedda Baangman, CU
- Aubrey LeClair, MSU
- Natalie Hynes, UAA
Men's 10-km Freestyle
- Utah's Leah Lange won her first career race. She has two podium finishes this year and three in her career.
- Utah's Guro Jordheim finished second for the first time this season after winning the previous four races. She has 25 career podium finishes.
- Denver's Eveliina Pippo was making her debut for the Pioneers with a third-place finish.
- Utah's Julia Richter earned a season-best finish of fourth, skiing at full strength for the first time this season.
- Utah's Karianne Moe earned her second top-five finish of the year.
- Bernhard Flaschberger, DU
- Magnus Boee, CU
- Logan Diekmann, UU
- Espen Persen, UAA
- Zanden McMullen, MSU
- Sigurd Roenning, UAA
- Bjorn Riksaasen, UU
- Ti Donaldson, MSU
- Ola Jordheim, UU
- Maximilian Bie, UU
- Denver's Bernard Flaschberger earned his first career win in his third career race.
- Colorado's Magnus Boee finished on the podium for the fourth time this season, which leads the league.
- Utah's Logan Diekmann earned his first podium of the season and third of his career.
- Alaska Anchorage's Espen Persen earned his first career top-five finish.
- Montana State's Zanden McMullen has two top-five finishes this season.