Friday, January 17, 2020 • by Brooke Frederickson, RMISA
ELDORA, Colo.—Denver's Amelia Smart and Colorado's Joey Young won the RMISA slalom qualifier races on Friday afternoon.
RMISA qualifiers do not count towards any team scoring and are used as an extra opportunity for skiers to earn qualification points for the NCAA Championships at the end of the season.
The Nordic teams have their first race of the season on Saturday, Jan. 18, with the freestyle races of the Colorado Invitational beginning at 9:00 a.m.
- Amelia Smart, DU
- Mikaela Tommy, CU
- Storm Klomhaus, DU
- Stefanie Fleckensein, CU
- Andrea Kmosic, DU
- Reece Bell, DU (tie)
- Julia Toiviainen, WMC (tie)
- Tegan Wold, MSU
- Eleri Smart, DU
- Katie Vesterstein, UU
- Denver's Amelia Smart wins her first race of the year in her second collegiate race of the season after coming off the World Cup circuit. She has five career victories.
- Colorado's Mikaela Tommy has a league-high five podium finishes this year.
- Denver's Storm Klomhaus finishes on the podium in her second-straight slalom race.
- Colorado's Stef Fleckenstein has five top-five finishes, which is tied for the league lead with Tommy.
- Denver's Andrea Komsic earned her third top five finish of the season.
- Joseph Young, CU
- Mikkel Wahl, WMC
- Addison Dvoracek, UU
- Joachim Mjelde, WMC
- Aage Solheim, MSU
- Nick Santaniello, DU
- Teddy Takki, CU
- Michael Soetaert, UAA
- Alexandre Coltier, WMC
- Tomas Birkner, UU
- Colorado's Joey Young wins his first race of the season and second of his career.
- Westminster's Mikkel Wahl has two podium finishes this season.
- Utah's Addison Dvoracek earned his third podium finish of the year.
- Westminster's Joachim Mjelde finishd in the top five for the second time this season.
- Montana State's Aage Solheim is the only skier to finish in the top five in all six races this year.