Sunday, January 13, 2019 • by Brooke Frederickson, RMISA
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colo.—Utah's Guro Jordheim won her second-straight race while Sigurd Roenning of Alaska-Anchorage earned his first career victory in the 10-km classic races at the Colorado Invitational on Sunday.
Utah leads Denver in the team standings, 602 to 517, with just the men's slalom remaining. The men's slalom was postponed and will be held on Saturday, Jan. 19. Colorado ranks third with 457.5 points followed by Alaska Anchorage (432) and Montana State (421) in the top five. New Mexico ranks sixth (358.5) with Alaska Fairbanks seventh (200), Westminster College eighth (138), Wyoming ninth (105) and Colorado Mountain College in 10th (38).
The league heads to Montana beginning on Wednesday, Jan. 16, with the second RMISA giant slalom qualifier and followed by the Montana State Invitational from Jan. 17-19.
Men's 10-km Classic
- Sigurd Roenning, Alaska Anchorage
- Logan Diekmann, Utah
- Kornelius Groev, New Mexico
- Ricardo Bernier-Izquierdo, New Mexico
- Ola Jordheim, Utah
- Ti Donaldson, Montana State
- Ty Godfrey, Montana State
- Max Bie, Utah
- Borgar Norrud, Denver
- Ole Kirkeng, Denver
Women's 10-km Classic
- Team scores: Utah 89, New Mexico 75, Montana State 72, Alaska Anchorage 71, Denver 62, Alaska Fairbanks 43, Colorado 42, Wyoming 24
- The podium remained the same for the second-straight race as UAA's Sigurd Roenning earned his first career win in his second collegiate race.
- Utah's Logan Diekmann earned a career-best finish for the second-straight race with a second-place finish.
- New Mexico's Kornelius Groev also has two podium finishes in two collegiate races.
- New Mexico's Ricardo Bernier-Izquierdo earned his best career finish.
- Utah's Ola Jordheim finished in the top five for the second-straight race.
- Guro Jordheim, Utah
- Hedda Baangman, Colorado
- Karianne Moe, Utah
- Kati Roivas, Alaska Fairbanks
- Mariah Bredal, Utah
- Leah Lange, Utah
- Kathleen O'Connell, Montana State
- Anne Siri Lervik, Colorado
- Christina Rolandsen, Colorado
- Ezra Smith, Colorado
- Team scores: Utah 103, Colorado 85, Montana State 64, Alaska Fairbanks 57, Alaska Anchorage 56, Denver 55, Wyoming 30, New Mexico 13.
- Utah's Guro Jordheim won her second-straight and ninth career race.
- Colorado's Hedda Baangman finished on the podium for the second-straight day.
- Utah's Karianne Moe had a career-best third-place finish.
- Alaska Fairbanks' Kati Roivas finished in the top five for the second-straight race.
- Utah's Mariah Bredal earned a career-best fifth-place finish.
- Utah and Colorado both placed four skiers in the top 10.