Thursday, January 18, 2018 • by Brooke Frederickson, RMISA
WEST YELLOWSTONE, Mont.—Denver’s Dag Trolleboe and Colorado’s Hedda Baangman won the women’s and men’s classic races on Thursday at the Utah Invitational.
Denver has a slight overall lead in the team standings with 476 points, followed closely by Colorado (470). Utah (417.5), Montana State (410.5) and New Mexico (326) round out the top five. Alaska Anchorage is sixth (259) with Westminster College seventh (224) and Alaska Fairbanks eighth (108).
The Utah Invitational (which was moved from Utah due to local snow conditions) concludes on Friday with the men’s 20-km and women’s 15-km freestyle races, beginning at 9:30 a.m. MT. Follow the races here:
Men’s Freestyle 20km: http://raceresults.sportstats.us/display-results.xhtml?raceid=96088
Women’s Freestyle 15km: http://raceresults.sportstats.us/display-results.xhtml?raceid=96089
Women’s 5-km Classic
- Hedda Baangman, Colorado
- Petra Hyncicova, Colorado
- Guro Jordheim, Utah
- Anne Siri Lervik, Colorado
- Christina Rolandsen, Colorado
- Mariah Bredal, Utah
- Leah Lange, Utah
- Linn Eriksen, Denver
- Johanna Talihaerm, Montana State
- Anna Fake, Montana State
- Race Points: Colorado 108, Utah 90, Montana State 66, Denver 64, Alaska Fairbanks 51, Alaska Anchorage 41, New Mexico 34.
- 108 points in the most that any team has scored in a single race this year. It is the second time that CU’s women’s Nordic team has scored over 100 points in a race. The only other team to score over 100 points this year in a race is Denver’s alpine women.
- Colorado’s Hedda Baangman is the first two-race winner in women’s Nordic this year. She has won both classic races held this year.
- Colorado’s Petra Hyncicova has finished on the podium in every race.
- Utah’s Guro Jordheim has three podium finishes this year and four top five finishes.
- Colorado’s Anne Siri Lervick and Christina Rolandsen each have two top-five finishes this year.
- Utah’s Leah Lange earned her first career top-10 finish. She is in her second season at Utah.
Men’s 10-km Classic
- Dag Frode Trolleboe, Denver
- Petter Reistad, Colorado
- Martin Bergstroem, Utah
- Bjorn Riksaasen, Utah
- Evind Kvaale, Denver
- Sondre Bollum, Colorado
- Alvar Johannes Alev, Colorado
- Logan Diekmann, Utah
- Andrew Potyk, Colorado
- Haakon Hjelstuen, Utah
- Race Points: Colorado 89, Utah 88, Denver 83, Alaska Fairbanks 57, Montana State 51, Alaska Anchorage 42, New Mexico 34.
- Denver’s Dag Trolleboe won his second race of the season. He has been in the top five in every race. Only two skiers have won races this year in men’s Nordic, Trolleboe and Utah’s Martin Bergstroem (three wins).
- Bergstroem has been in the top five in every race with four podium finishes.
- Colorado’s Petter Reistad earned his second podium finish of the year and his third top-five finish.
- Utah’s Bjorn Riksaasen earned his first top-five finish of the year.
- Denver’s Eivind Kvaale has four top-five finishes this season.
- Colorado’s Andrew Potyk earned his first top-10 finish of the year.